Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I started a two step verification for my apple id. Can i stop it?

i Started a 2 step verification for my icloud.com email ( or so i thought). Then it advised me i was changing the primary email apple id ( non icloud). Can i stop this process and just go back to what it was. Or do i have to wait the 3 days and then change it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:42 AM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2015 12:11 PM in response to damaag

I Did it a few hours ago. Just followed your instruction but it doesnt say turn off verification. At the top it says come back Aug 1st. On aug 1st will i be able to turn it off or will i have to activate it and THEN turn it off. Omg this is why the username. Im techno DEFICIENT but i just wanna be like everybody else!!!! Lol

Jul 29, 2015 2:10 PM in response to Technodef

The instructions in this page:

Frequently asked questions about two-step verification for Apple ID - Apple Support (scroll down to 'Why was I asked to wait before setting up two-step verification?'

indicate that you cannot actually start to set up the verification process until the waiting period is over (as a security measure). The implication is that if you do nothing then things will remain as they are. It looks as if you may have changed the ID to a different address (which is what triggered the waiting period as per the note on that page) - did you do that? You may be able to change it back using the same process if you don't like the new address for the job.

Jul 29, 2015 3:27 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Forgive my stupidity. Im really trying but im overwhelmed. I tried so many things and just kept getting deeper. I did create a new email and id and password at some point so i understand the wait. I dont have to change it back as the new address is fine ( if i even understand that correctly). Guess ill just wait 3 days and nit do anything and it will stay as it is? This all started because my email on my ipad and iphone has primary email listed as the house email but my husbands iphone only has his hotmail acct listed as primary. I wanted to remove the primary house email from my devices and i understand my icloud.com cannot be a primary so i created a hotmail acct. hotmail acct is now active and receiving mail but in my settings it still lists the house email cogeco.ca as my primary email address with my icloud.com listed underneath as verified. Doesnt even list the hotmail acct. that is active. Roger at this point i dont know if i will live long enough to understand this stuff but i thank you for listening and trying to help.

I started a two step verification for my apple id. Can i stop it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.