Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i add a signature to a word document

I have a word document that require me to fill online and add my signature . How please? plus how do I change a word doc to previews pdf

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:56 AM

Alright here is what you need to do:

1. Open the word document.

2. Select File>Save As>PDF (Make sure to save it in a location you will find easily i.e. your desktop).

3. Close Word.

3. Open the PDF (it should open directly in Preview but if it does not simply secondary/right click on it and select Open with>Preview)

4. Open the edit toolbar (It is the icon directly to the left of the search box that looks like a pen in a square. The tool bar will drop down at the top of the PDF.)

5. Click the Sign button (It looks like a signature, it should be the last item in the tool bar).

6. Follow the on screen instructions to create your signature.

7. Once the signature is created, click the Sign button again.

8. Select the signature and drag it to where you want on the document.

9. Adjust the size.

10. Save the file and you are done!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 12:56 AM in response to paulfrombarry

Alright here is what you need to do:

1. Open the word document.

2. Select File>Save As>PDF (Make sure to save it in a location you will find easily i.e. your desktop).

3. Close Word.

3. Open the PDF (it should open directly in Preview but if it does not simply secondary/right click on it and select Open with>Preview)

4. Open the edit toolbar (It is the icon directly to the left of the search box that looks like a pen in a square. The tool bar will drop down at the top of the PDF.)

5. Click the Sign button (It looks like a signature, it should be the last item in the tool bar).

6. Follow the on screen instructions to create your signature.

7. Once the signature is created, click the Sign button again.

8. Select the signature and drag it to where you want on the document.

9. Adjust the size.

10. Save the file and you are done!

how do i add a signature to a word document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.