Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

podcast subscription is incorrect

I have been subscribed to a podcast for years ( the dan lebatard show with stugotz). suddenly yesterday itunes changed the title on that podcast to another one id never heard of called "the entreleadership podcast". so i unsubscribed and deleted everything, but everytime i subscribe, same issue.

Now, i can go the store and find the dan le batard show but as soon as i subscribe it changes over to this other show.

I copied the url from my itunes and it leads to the dan le batard show in a browser, so its not the url.

any help?

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:29 AM

5 replies

May 2, 2017 3:00 AM in response to kibzy

Strange that this has apparently been happening to people on and off now for 2 years and there is no answer here. In my iTunes library the podcast for Point of Inquiry has suddenly been replaced by RISK!, which I have never even heard of.

I deleted RISK!, found Point of Inquiry in the iTunes store, clicked on "subscribe," and RISK! reappears in my library instead. Looks like a hacked job.

Sep 8, 2015 7:05 AM in response to kibzy

I'm currently having the same issue for a few of my podcasts.

Although, I've deleted and resubscribed, the podcast feeds somehow revert to podcasts I've never subscribed to.

The picture below shows six of my podcasts all converted to the RISK! or Vice podcasts. Even though the Around the NFL and Dave Dameshek podcasts show the correct thumbnail, the podcast feeds show episodes from either the RISK! or Vice podcasts.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? Help, please.

User uploaded file

May 8, 2016 11:41 AM in response to kibzy

Same problem happening to me, with one of my favorite podcasts. So bizarre. Downloaded latest IOS version on iPhione. Shut off and restarted iPhone. Not helping. Every time I subscribe and unsubscribe from this one podcast, and resubscribe, iPhone swaps it for some other podcasts - generally the same three (that I have never heard of or visited).

I have thus been exposed to the "Savage Lovecast" which is, ahem, very interesting, but quite different content than the venture capital related podcast I had subscribed to.

Does anyone know why this is happening and (more importantly) how to fix it? I kinda miss the podcast I wanted to subscribe to in the first place.

podcast subscription is incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.