Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and changing it

I Recently change my Apple ID as I was unable to see any confirmation of any purchases with email Acc I signed up with now I M unable to save any changes I make in my addresses calendar up date any of my current apps. I have as iPhone 5 c, version 8.4 & 5.2g. I have tried to use my old Apple ID but my phone doesn't recognise the message I keep getting identification or password incorrect try again!! Is there anything I could do to fix this apart from getting a new phone !!!!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:34 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 12:47 PM in response to annfromthurles

It's a bad idea to change your Apple ID. You will lose all purchases ever made with it. You will also lose all content that is cloud synced. Apple ID accounts are for life. You can change the email address without getting a new Apple ID. But now that you've changed it you're out of luck. Switch back to the old one, forget the new one. If you have trouble with the password go to https://iforgot.apple.com. And if you can't resolve it there contact Apple Account Security: Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security or call Apple and ask for the Account Security Team. The call is free: Apple phone contacts

Apple ID and changing it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.