Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best desktop for memory/video editing

my startup disk is nearly full and macbook pro is slowing down. I'm thinking of converting to desktop, as I do some video editing. Thoughts on optimal storage/size?

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:48 PM

3 replies

Jul 29, 2015 12:52 PM in response to EMP2014

Why are you posting this in the iPad forum? I'll request this be moved to one of the Desktop Computer forums. i.e iMac or even MacPro.

Also any reason, you are not considering moving stuff out to an external drive? Even with a desktop Mac, an external drive will be essential for video editing. As drives for the newer computers are not all that big.

With that said, i would not get anything smaller than a 512GB HD.

Jul 29, 2015 12:53 PM in response to EMP2014

The iMac with the Fusion drive has the best of all worlds - an SSD section that handles the operating system so startup and system operations are very fast, and a HDD that stores the data and content so you have lower cost mass storage. And you can add more external hard drives if you need more storage space.

The 1 TB Fusion drive gives you great internal capacity in a good viewing size iMac.

best desktop for memory/video editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.