Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp bluetooth not recognized in Windows 10 release

Macbook Pro Retina 2015 13"

Just updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 release (out today)

Bluetooth isn't recognized: "Bluetooth USB Host Controller" has a yellow ! and doesn't have a driver. I've done the following:

1. Scanned for changes

2. Disabled

3. Uninstalled. rebooted and it reappears like before.

4. Scan for changes

5. Searched for hardware drivers online. Nothing

6. Searched for hardware drivers directing to my Bootcamp driver directory. Nothing

7. Reinstalled (it called it a "repair") Bootcamp drivers. Nothing.

All of this to no avail.

My Bluetooth Razer Orochi mouse works (kind of) no scrolling

My Bluetooth HP x4000b isn't recognized anymore

The Razer Synapse still recognizes the mouse but I can't make any changes

I cannot find Bluetooth setting anywhere (even where MS says they should be). I'm going to assume they aren't installed.

Can someone please tell me how to get this working again?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2015, 2.9 GHZ, 8GB, 512 GB

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:44 AM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2015 4:04 PM in response to Zhyrnov

1. As stated in the original post, the Bluetooth drivers in the Bootcamp/Apple/ folder did not work.
  2. Again, as posted in the original post, I used Setup.exe to reinstall the Bootcamp drivers that I had used for Windows 8.1 - That did not work.

*Dislcaimer* I have had Windows get messed up by installing the all original Bootcamp drivers using the packaged Setup.exe over an updated version of Windows. I had to reinstall Windows 8 and then upgrade to 8.1 because it totally messed up the graphics on Windows 8.1!!!

ANSWER: What corrected this was rebooting into Mac OS, opening up BootCamp Assistant and re-downloading the Bootcamp software all over again onto a USB. Reboot Windows, reinstalling Bootcamp from scratch.

Aug 9, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Shahriar Farkhan

I am having this problem too. I installed the Windows 10 software onto my partition over the internet as a free upgrade from Microsoft, but when I got to the screen to actually open Windows, I found that I had no bluetooth mouse or keyboard that was recognized. If I have to delete my Windows partition, create a new partition and install Windows 7 from the disk (which is what I have) then run the free Windows 10 update install all over again, how does that fix the problem with Bluetooth not working? Won't I end up at the same place where the open Windows 10 screen appears but I have no mouse with which to click Continue so I can't do anything? Do I have to buy a Windows 10 disk in order to fix this problem?

Bootcamp bluetooth not recognized in Windows 10 release

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.