Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not recognized after updating to Windows 10

Macbook Pro Retina 2015 13"

Just updated Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 release (out today)

Bluetooth isn't recognized: "Bluetooth USB Host Controller" has a yellow ! and doesn't have a driver. I've done the following:

1. Scanned for changes

2. Disabled

3. Uninstalled. rebooted and it reappears like before.

4. Scan for changes

5. Searched for hardware drivers online. Nothing

6. Searched for hardware drivers directing to my Bootcamp driver directory. Nothing

7. Reinstalled Bootcamp drivers. Nothing.

All of this to no avail.

My Bluetooth Razer Orochi mouse works (kind of) no scrolling

My Bluetooth HP x4000b isn't recognized anymore

The Razer Synapse still recognizes the mouse but I can't make any changes

I cannot find Bluetooth setting anywhere (even where MS says they should be). I'm going to assume they aren't installed.

Can someone please tell me how to get this working again?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2015, 2.9 GHZ, 8GB, 512 GB

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:06 PM

*Dislcaimer* I have had Windows get messed up by installing the all original Bootcamp drivers using the packaged Setup.exe over an updated version of Windows. I had to reinstall Windows 8 and then upgrade to 8.1 because it totally messed up the graphics on Windows 8.1!!!

ANSWER: What corrected this was rebooting into Mac OS, opening up BootCamp Assistant and re-downloading the Bootcamp software all over again onto a USB. Reboot Windows, reinstalling Bootcamp from scratch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 4:06 PM in response to Shahriar Farkhan

*Dislcaimer* I have had Windows get messed up by installing the all original Bootcamp drivers using the packaged Setup.exe over an updated version of Windows. I had to reinstall Windows 8 and then upgrade to 8.1 because it totally messed up the graphics on Windows 8.1!!!

ANSWER: What corrected this was rebooting into Mac OS, opening up BootCamp Assistant and re-downloading the Bootcamp software all over again onto a USB. Reboot Windows, reinstalling Bootcamp from scratch.

Bluetooth not recognized after updating to Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.