Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Magic Mouse Windows 10 driver

Hello, is it possible to install driver for magic mouse in Windows 10? I updated Win8.1 to Win10, all works fine except mouse, it is determined as Microsoft mouse and scrolling doesn't work.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:10 PM

47 replies

Feb 7, 2016 10:14 AM in response to djc01

Hey all. I had the same problem - scrolling wouldn't work on my magic mouse in Widows 10. Run the Apple Software Update app from the start menu. There is a hardware driver update from Apple that fixes the problem. Install it, restart your computer and the scrolling will work properly. It worked for me anyway. I'm running El Capitan, Windows 10 and Boot Camp 6 on a MacBook Pro, Mid 2015.

Oct 11, 2017 2:53 AM in response to AntonFX

Hi AntonFX,

I found solution as you mentioned

"Hello, is it possible to install driver for magic mouse in Windows 10? I updated Win8.1 to Win10, all works fine except mouse, it is determined as Microsoft mouse and scrolling doesn't work.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)"

Kindly download from the following link:

Magic Apple Mouse Drivers for Windows 16 Bit - Google Drive

I hope it might be OK with your Works.

Good Luck!

Somchai W.

October 11, 2017.

Nov 26, 2017 10:43 AM in response to AntonFX

This might help someone. OK this is how I fixed my problem in Windows 10 Boot Camp on MacBook Pro 2016. Apple Magic Mouse recognized, paired but kept disconnecting almost immediately if it connected at all. The problem was related to the Power Management under Bluetooth Radio, Properties in Device Manager. I had to uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'. This has worked for me I'm relieved to say 🙂

Jan 9, 2018 11:19 PM in response to AntonFX

IF RE-INSTALLING DIDN'T HELP YOU with MOUSE and KEYBOARD.

As of Jan 2018, I just did total clean install of High Sierra including erase all volumes and partitions.

Unfortunately, BootCamp Assistant(BCA) failed to install drivers, so I had to copy install files from manually downloaded file.

I ran BCA setup tools several times but I couldn't get it working properly.

Symptoms

When Apple Wireless keyboard is connected, connection notification icon is not visible.

Can't use right click, or scroll.

Solutions

Make sure you already installed BCA drivers.

Do NOT disable HID Mouses, one for TrackPad and Apple Mouse.

Open Device Manager by pressing (Windows+X, then choose Device Manager),

Under "System Devices", find "Broadcom UHE Serial Driver".

Right click and select "Driver Update".

Windows will update this driver, then it will change the name as "Broadcom Serial Bus over UART Bus Enumerator".

Now, Windows starts to detect my keyboard and mouse.

However, unfortunately, I lost control of my mouse at this point.

Restart Windows.

Now, you have your mouse and keyboards under "Bluetooth" section from Device Manager with your name.

Once again, you still need to keep HID Mouse. Do NOT disable or delete it.

Also, I'm not quite sure about this but it seems like Apple Starts Up Manager handles Bluetooth when user selects Bootcamp manually on startup by holding "Option" key.

When you need to install/update drivers for Windows(Bootcamp),

make sure you chose "Bootcamp" explicitly via "Startup Disk Preferences" in MacOS.

Also, make sure you run "Apple Software Update" because Apple released new driver which make you be able to wake up Windows by wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.

Good luck.

Aug 2, 2015 11:34 PM in response to AntonFX

Hi! I found this working for me..

Find bootcamp version of your computer from here, and download it.. https://support.apple.com/en-am/HT204048

Open downloaded zip file.. and find folder called "AppleBluetoothBroadcom"(for me it was inside of "$WinPEDriver$" folder) extract it, and run the installer (called "DPInst.exe").

Voila.. now your magic mouse will work perfectly 😉

Apple Magic Mouse Windows 10 driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.