Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore iCloud Drive shortcut?

I am a fairly recent émigré from Windows (and quite happy with the switch). I'm running Yosemite, so my Finder had an iCloud Drive shortcut in the Finder sidebar. I deleted that shortcut, but now I have decided that I would like to have it back.

Note that I don't have a problem getting to iCloud Drive in the Finder--I can do it from the Go menu. I simply want to restore the Finder sidebar shortcut, as a matter of convenience. I tried going to iCloud Drive in the Finder, then dragging the folder name from the title bar over to the sidebar, with no luck--the name in the title bar doesn't drag.

How do I restore the iCloud Drive shortcut in the Finder sidebar? Thanks.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:48 PM

You can do that by opening he preferences for the Finder.

Click somewhere onto the empty desktop to bring the Finder forward, then go to the Finder menu > Preferences.

In the panel that will open click the Sidebar tab and select all items you want be showing in your sidebar.

User uploaded file

1 reply

Restore iCloud Drive shortcut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.