Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s activation failed. Please help

Hello.

I updated my iPhone on 26th and everything was fine, until i put my iPhone to charge that night. I woke up and it only went from below 20% to 77%. So I restarted my phone, typed touch id code and my pin code. After that, my iPhone asked me to activate by putting my apple ID. I did that, and after my iPhone was only searching for my mobile network. No one could call me. So I found some advices on the internet, but nothing worked.

So yesterday I decided to restore. I followed the instructions on the apple support site. Now after it tries to activate, it says that it failed because the server is temporarily unavailable. It also says to activate in iTunes, but iTunes does the same.
Has anyone experienced something like this? I found an discussion where someone said that it's on Apple's side and I should just wait a few days or keep trying. Is that true? Thank you.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:39 PM

17 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:06 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for your reply.
I'm sorry for being lame, but I don't truly know what jailbreak means. I only had one song I downloaded from internet, in iTunes. Is that the problem? I also downloaded pictures on the internet on my iPhone. Other than that, every application was downloaded from app store.
I don't think my computer used to jailbreak in the past, this is my first iOS device.

Jul 29, 2015 2:19 PM in response to _jana_

Then there is no assurance that the phone was new and that you are the original owner. It's also possible that it is a grey market phone that was hacked ("jailbroken") to make it work with local carriers. Enter the serial number here: Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage and see if the dates agree with the date you bought it.

Also, post the part number from the back; that may help identify its origin.

Iphone 5s activation failed. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.