Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Followed instructions for App Preview, made vid w/ Quicktime - won't import into iMovie

Yosemite 10.10.4

Quicktime 10.4

iMovie 10.0.9

Followed the below instructions for making an App Preview video with Quicktime. But won't import into iMovie. Something about Codecs? Info on my video says H.264, AAC. Google says Quicktime won't read H.264 -- but that's what it recorded in by default. And I see no Preferences or way to make adjustments in Quicktime.

Does anyone have FOR DUMMIES instructions for capturing video on a device (iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6) with a Lightning Cord using Quicktime then importing into iMovie?

Thank you.User uploaded file

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:19 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 4:17 PM in response to blankspaceinc

Yosemite 10.10.4

Quicktime 10.4

iMovie 10.0.9

Followed the below instructions for making an App Preview video with Quicktime. But won't import into iMovie. Something about Codecs? Info on my video says H.264, AAC. Google says Quicktime won't read H.264 -- but that's what it recorded in by default. And I see no Preferences or way to make adjustments in Quicktime.

Does anyone have FOR DUMMIES instructions for capturing video on a device (iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6) with a Lightning Cord using Quicktime then importing into iMovie?

Just tested the workflow you described on my system while screen recording the operation. Only change I made was "drop" importing the movie recorded by QT Player v10.4 from my iPad Air 2. (Sorry, force of habit.) Basically, I recoded the opening of a TV playing on the iPad Air 2 using QT v10.4, saved the recording to my desktop, tesed the saved recording in the QT Player, closed the QT Player, "drop" imported the saved file to iMovie (v10.0.9), and played the file from within iMovie. Everything worked normally under my Yosemite v10.10.4 operating system. Here is a link to a downloadable copy of the screen capture:

QuickieTutorial.mp4

Some of the operations were slow during the capture since I had multiple apps opened simultaneously to record the opening and/or playback of other apps in operation.

User uploaded file

Followed instructions for App Preview, made vid w/ Quicktime - won't import into iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.