Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to retrieve an iPad backup older than 180 days? Some precious photos of my father were deleted when I had to restore my iPad earlier.

My iPad needed to be updated via iTunes, so I had to take it to a friend who had a PC and allow the software to update to 8.4. However the update did not go smoothly and the iPad stuck on the Apple logo for a number of hours. I then had to do a factory reset, which luckily work, but unfortunately erased all the files from the iPad, including some irreplaceable photos of my father. Is there any chance of getting these back as I think my last backup was more than 180 days ago. I'm only a casual iPad user.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:51 PM

If your backup wasn't taken when they were on it then (you haven't got a more recent iCloud backup ?) you could try doing a search for programs that claim to be able to recover content from a reset device (I haven't used any so I can't suggest one)

1 reply

Is it possible to retrieve an iPad backup older than 180 days? Some precious photos of my father were deleted when I had to restore my iPad earlier.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.