Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade rMBP specs @ Genius Bar?

Is it possible to upgrade my early 2015 13" retina MacBook Pro's hard drive to 256gb though Apple, at their genius bar and if they just charge the retail different (CA $250)? I got the base model with 128gb but I really need the extra storage space. Also is it possible to upgrade the ram or cpu through a logic board replacement and also is it just the retail price difference or full cost of a logic board.

Thank you 🙂

YK

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:21 PM

4 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:27 PM in response to @TheOfficialYK

Neither memory nor the SSD can be upgraded. Were you to replace the motherboard, then you might just as well buy a new computer. Sell the one you have, then buy a new one with the specs that you prefer. You can exchange the one you have if it is not more than 14 days from date of purchase. If it's under 30 days from date of purchase you can ask your local store manager about an exchange, but don't count on it.

Jul 29, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Kappy

I know that the SSD's can we swapped out and there are many third party options, but I wanted to do it with Apple because they would put the original brand of SSD that has over 1Gb/s read and write speeds. The third party options are about half that at 600Mb/s. Also I got the computer back in March so I can't exchange it. Thanks for the help

YK

Upgrade rMBP specs @ Genius Bar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.