Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is a recovery key

I Need a recovery key? Does any1 know what this is. As I can not restart my daughter Ipod without it

iPod touch, iOS 8.1

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 12:06 PM

7 replies

Jul 29, 2015 12:27 PM in response to Samster hamster

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

Jul 29, 2015 12:43 PM in response to lllaass

SShe forgot passcode so it disabled I restored it because find my iPod was on and couldn't turn it off now it's restored I entered her iCloud account but she forgot her password we tried a few times now it's says the account is disabled . So to change password we must enter recovery code if you don't have a recovery code they will send a code via 2 devices which are mobiles but neither of these are ones we use and you can't change devices tI'll you log on the account so it's just going in circles

Jul 29, 2015 12:53 PM in response to Samster hamster

She set up 2 step authentication for her Apple ID. When she set that up, she was given a recovery key (a code, a string of numbers and letters) and told not to lose it. Ever. If she lost it, and she no longer has access to an authorized device, you will have to do as Illaass says and contact Apple. They may not be able to give her access to that account at all if she lost the recovery key. That's the way it works, and that's why they make a point of warning you very strongly, several times, that it's important to keep the key.

What is a recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.