Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding Dell Monitor with Macbook Pro

Hello everyone,

I have a difficult situation, I have a macbook pro that I bought couple of years back, I have Yosemite version 10.10 version installed on my machine, I want to use an external Dell monitor with this laptop using display adopter port, my monitor does turn on and start displaying stuff as and second monitor however since I am reading and writing a lot of articles when I move any document or outlook or anything to the second monitor ( Dell ) , it is not fitting properly to the screen, the documents are off either from one side of the screen or the other or sometime both.

So what I am asking if how can I adjust the second screen so that the display setting are the same, now please note I tried to adjust the display setting on the second monitor but its not showing me the same resolution as macbook pro.

Please help!!!!

Kind Regards,

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:02 PM

4 replies

Adding Dell Monitor with Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.