Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing non-itunes music from sd card to mac book pro

How do I import music copied to a PC from disc to my stupid mac book pro iTunes?

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:37 PM

7 replies

Jul 29, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Phil0124

two problems. 1. I think you are assuming I have them in some mysterious apple format but they are just as they were on the PC. 2. The iTunes window menu does not have an add folder option or Add Folder to Library option. Have to admit I may not know where to find it but I looked at all the menu options when I opened the iTunes icon.

Jul 29, 2015 5:53 PM in response to dyoungm

So you are saying iTunes on your Mac does not have an option to Add to Library like this in the File menu?

User uploaded file

You can then navigate to either the SD card or the folder if you created one to import the music.

I never assume you had some strange format for your music. This should work with regular mp3, aac, wav, and most standard formats. If you have WMA files those would need to be converted to mp3 before they can be imported to iTunes.

Jul 30, 2015 10:35 AM in response to dyoungm

And what is inside the 50s Hits folder?

More folders? mp3s?

You should also see a progress indicator at the top of iTunes in the center of the top bar while the music is imported.

Are you sure you have the actual music files, and not just the playlist file? Playlists are usually just xml files, but do not have any actual music files in them. They are just lists with pointers to the actual files.

importing non-itunes music from sd card to mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.