Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since my Yosemite upgrade, it says it is uploading 2000 pictures but nothing is moving and nothing is being transferred from my iPhone to computer. How do I resolve this?

I upgraded to Yosemite. I noticed that my iPhone 5 pics were not moving over to my computer anymore. When I open iPhoto, at the bottom it says it is uploading about 2000 pictures but all my pics are on the computer already. Can anyone advise what to check and how to get my pics from iPhone to iMac? Thanks.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:14 PM

Which version of Yosemite are you using, if you are using 10.10.4 (the current version) please determine if you are using the new Photos app that was released with 10.10.3 or iPhoto. Once we know which photo app you are using we can give you some direction.

6 replies

Jul 29, 2015 3:36 PM in response to KERoberts

Okay, if you are using Photos on 10.10.4 then the first thing to do is ensure iCloud is turned on on both the iMac and the iPhone. Apple explains how in https://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/ios.html

Then ensure Photos is checked on each device in in the iCloud preference and the devices will sync photos. For example on the iMac it is System Preferences - iCloud and click Photos.

Since my Yosemite upgrade, it says it is uploading 2000 pictures but nothing is moving and nothing is being transferred from my iPhone to computer. How do I resolve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.