Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID & Imessage

I would like to see step by step instructions on how to:

1. Fully create a new apple ID to be used for my IPHONE only!

2. How to log out of one apple ID on my IPHONE and use the new ID for my IPHONE only for Texting to keep my imessage private from other devices (i.e., my son)!!

3. I have no issues with my son's phone and my ipad using my original apple ID .. but I am tired of him seeing my text messages on his device. I do NOT text from my IPAD plus I can watch his stuff if I leave my original apple ID on my IPAD and his phone .. correct??

And still want to use the SAME ID for Itunes, apps, etc on all three devices? Is this possible?

Seems like some people have problems when they try to create multiple ID's so I am trying to avoid this.

Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:37 PM

There are no replies.

Apple ID & Imessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.