Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Imported to Imovie

Hi, I'm very new the Apple computer system so I have no idea how to work anything.

I just imported all my pictures and videos from my iPhone into the photos application. Then I went to iMovie, however when I go to import pictures it doesn't let me selected the photo app to import from.

I saw a discussion about setting the photo app as system preference but when i tried to do this it wouldn't let me select the 'use as system preference' button.

Thanks 🙂

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:52 PM

1 reply

Jul 31, 2015 1:42 PM in response to niamhodonnell

Hello niamhodonnell,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

In order to add photos to an iMovie project from your Photos library you will need to follow the steps outlined below.

Add media from your Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture library

1. In the Libraries list, select your Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture library.

2. Click the pop-up menu at the top of the browser, choose a content category, and then scroll through the thumbnails of photos and video clips in that category.

3. Select the photo or clip you want to use to see a preview in the viewer.

4. Do one of the following:

• Insert the photo or video clip: Drag it to the timeline between clips or between a clip and a transition.

As you drag, a blue box appears in the timeline, indicating where the photo or clip will appear in the timeline.

• Replace a clip: Drag the photo or clip on top of a clip in the timeline.

As you drag, a white border appears around the clip in the timeline. When you release the mouse button, choose Replace from the menu that appears. The photo or clip replaces the clip in the timeline.

Add photos and video clips from Photos, iPhoto, or Aperture - iMovie Help

Have a great weekend.

Photos Imported to Imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.