Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling, Again

I use an iMac with Mac OS v10.10.4. Once again I wonder, “Does anyone else share in seeing this problem with a Mac?”

My mouse seems way-too touchy. For example in Pages, sometimes all I do is to touch my mouse, but Zip. (My iMac scrolls usually Up, wildly.)

Do you know of any solution, please? (No-way: I do not feel too-prone to buy a new Mac. Mine is from mid-2011. Need I change my outlook? What do you think, please?) Thank you.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 4 GB of RAM

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 1:38 PM

Bob Novy wrote:

I use an iMac with Mac OS v10.10.4. Once again I wonder, “Does anyone else share in seeing this problem with a Mac?”

NOPE!

My mouse seems way-too touchy. For example in Pages, sometimes all I do is to touch my mouse, but Zip. (My iMac scrolls usually Up, wildly.)

Do you know of any solution, please?

If you have not already done so, check your mouse preference settings. System Preferences>Mouse.

If you are using a 3rd party mouse, get in touch w/the manufacturer.

(No-way: I do not feel too-prone to buy a new Mac. Mine is from mid-2011. Need I change my outlook? What do you think, please?)

Decision is entirely up to you!

Thank you.

Please detail ALL you have done so far in the way of troubleshooting? Need this info to avoid the been there done that scenarios.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Bob Novy

Bob Novy wrote:

NOPE!

Do you know of any solution, please?

If you have not already done so, check your mouse preference settings. System Preferences>Mouse.

If you are using a 3rd party mouse, get in touch w/the manufacturer.

(No-way: I do not feel too-prone to buy a new Mac. Mine is from mid-2011. Need I change my outlook? What do you think, please?)

Decision is entirely up to you!

Thank you.

Please detail ALL you have done so far in the way of troubleshooting? Need this info to avoid the been there done that scenarios.

User uploaded file

Aug 4, 2015 2:21 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Hello "Baby Boomer (USofA)"? I tell you what I Fear, OK?

My mouse is from Apple. The Mouse sub-menu in System Preferences has Mouse Tracking set to some-40% from Slow to-Fast. This tracking problem seems _independent_ of that.

OK Baby Boomer (USofA), I Fear that my problem with Rapid Scrolling _may_ be a-little Planned Obsolescence. My iMac is from mid-2011.

Four-years is past-time to Buy New, again? Thank you -- I feel better after venting! :-)

Scrolling, Again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.