Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Doubler

Hello i have a Data Doubler installed in my Macbook Pro mid 2013 for around 6 months now. I use a Samsung Evo 1TB as the main drive. I then put the old Hard Drive into the data doubler kit, i want to use the Hard Drive as a storage device to keep files i dont use often. On OWC it says that the secondary drive can be set up and used from the desktop which is the configuration i want. I cant seem to find a way to do it though. Cant anyone shed some light onto this and help me please.

Thankyou, Greg

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:22 PM

5 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:53 PM in response to Kappy

Nope the only time i have got it to appear on the desktop is when i used disk utility and pressed "new image" while highlighted on the Hard Drive.

It then came up on the Desktop as a .dmg and when i pressed it it then created a "untitled" drive on the Desktop. But it dosent allow me to move any files to it. I then when onto to Disk Utility and it says its a "read only" device

Jul 29, 2015 3:45 PM in response to xHurstx

If it appears in the Disk Utility sidebar then click on the Partition tab while the drive entry in the sidebar is select. Take a snapshot and post it here:

To post screen shot do this:

1. Press COMMAND-SHIFT-4 which will change the cursor to crosshairs.
  2. Hold down the mouse button and use the crosshairs to select the part of the screen you wish to capture.
  3. Release the button and the image will be saved to your Desktop.
  4. Click on the Camera icon in the toolbar of the forum message editor.
  5. Drag the image onto the Choose File button and click on the Insert button.

Data Doubler

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.