Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate yet missing playlists WD My Cloud, damaged file

A few things upon updating to iTunes 12.2.1.16, but some background first: Running a PC windows 8.1, keep music on a NAS (My Cloud by WD), and playing music, creating playlists has worked in the past.

I recently disconnected from my NAS, and had a hard time reconnecting to my iTunes library. To reconnect, I restarted my NAS, and I updated iTunes to 12.2.1.16. I can now see that my music is available, and guided iTunes to find my files on my NAS (preferences, advanced, media folder location). the NAS is working great. However, now I have duplicate playlists, and none of them contain any tracks- there's simply the title of the playlist in the left playlist pane, with no content when highlighted. I noticed that in my iTunes folder I have a new file "iTunes Library (Damaged).itl" but I also have a new "iTunes Library.itl" file that's not damaged.

I've tried removing the "damaged" file from the iTunes folder, and restarting iTunes, but that does not help.

My goal is to have one instance of each playlist, and have all my songs organized in those playlists they way they used to be. Please help.

Thanks!

null-OTHER, Other OS, PC, windows 8.1

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:00 PM

There are no replies.

Duplicate yet missing playlists WD My Cloud, damaged file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.