Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 6 broke and i got a replacement. I have an iCloud back up. Only it will not download on my new phone because it needs IOS 8,4. In order to have IOS 8,4 I have to upgrade my phone, but for that I need to format it. How can I make it work?

My Iphone 6 broke and i got a replacement. I have an iCloud back up. Only it will not download on my new phone because it needs IOS 8,4. In order to have IOS 8,4 I have to upgrade my phone, but for that I need to format it. How can I make it work? I formatted my phone as a new phone for now....

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, iCloud back up on new Iphone 6

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:19 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 2:37 PM in response to daphnefrombrussel

Setup the new iPhone as new, without the backup, then update the iPhone normally as you would from the Software Update option under Settings.

Once that is done, Restore the iPhone, either through iTunes or directly on the iPhone under Settings->General->Reset->Erase all content and settings.

Set it up again, and this time restore from the backup.

If restoring from an iTunes or iCloud backup requires a newer version of iOS - Apple Support

My Iphone 6 broke and i got a replacement. I have an iCloud back up. Only it will not download on my new phone because it needs IOS 8,4. In order to have IOS 8,4 I have to upgrade my phone, but for that I need to format it. How can I make it work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.