Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you adjust sound fade for iMovie 10.0.8?

The current version of iMovie on laptop automatically fades in and out at the beginning and end of audio clips. All of the commentary that I can find about fading audio in iMovie refers to an adjust button next to the enhance button. However, on my version of iMovie there is no adjust button. Next to enhance is only a button that says share.

How do you adjust sound fading in the new iMovie? More specifically, how do you stop it from auto-fading?

Thank you

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 2:48 PM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 3:33 AM in response to vocalpercussionist

I do not find that iMovie imposes fade-ins and fade-outs on audio clips and I don't find anything about this in the documentation. Are you sure that the fades are not already in the clips you have imported?

Adjusting fade-in and fade-out is done by highlighting the clip and moving the fade handles. It is described in: http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0.8/#/move7a2dcdc6

The layout of controls at the top of the iMovie window was slightly changed in an earlier version of iMovie 10. All adjustments now appear above the viewer. Only the ones relevant to what is currently selected are active.

Geoff.

How do you adjust sound fade for iMovie 10.0.8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.