Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a TimePort as my main router. I can't get a wifi signal to part of my house, so I had an ethernet cable run from the Timeport to an airport express. How do I set the configurations?

I have a TimePort as my main router. I can't get a wifi signal to part of my house, so I ran an ethernet cable and added an airport express. How do I set the configurations to get best results?

Airport Express-OTHER

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:07 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 6:43 PM in response to 99Jdw

Assuming that you are using a recent operating system on your Mac like Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion or Lion....and you have tested the long Ethernet cable to make sure that it is working correctly.......

Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to one of the three LAN <---> ports on the Time Capsule

Connect the other end to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort Express

Click the WiFi icon at the top of the Macs screen, and then click on AirPort Express just under the heading of New AirPort Base Station

User uploaded file

When you click on AirPort Express, that will get the setup "wizard" running. It will take a minute to analyze the network and then display a window that looks like this, except that you will see your Time Capsule and AirPort Express.

User uploaded file

Enter a device name that you want to call the AirPort Express. Mine is Express, for example.

Click Next and the window will change to look like the illustration below. Make sure that you see that the AirPort Express is being configured to extend using Ethernet.

User uploaded file

When you see the message of Setup Complete.......click Done

And, you are done. Close AirPort Utility and enjoy your extended wireless coverage.

I have a TimePort as my main router. I can't get a wifi signal to part of my house, so I had an ethernet cable run from the Timeport to an airport express. How do I set the configurations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.