Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad wont charge or turn off or reset

I have an ipad 4th gen, that I plugged in this morning when it was completely dead. Came home 13 hours later...no charge. However, I can't get it to power off or reset . It keeps flashing the apple logo, then the loading circle comes on, then it goes black, then for a split second the main screen will pop up but it won't stay lit long enough to let me slide it open. I can see for a brief second that it's only at 1% charge.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:09 PM

1 reply

Jul 29, 2015 6:27 PM in response to caem007

Looks like there is a problem with:

1. Bad charger. Try a different charger.

2. Bad cable. Try a different cable.

3. Dirt, lint, or fuzz in the charging port. Check and clean carefully.

4. Hardware failure. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple.

Note that when trying a different charger or cable, it is necessary to let the iPad charge for at least 30 seconds. Then attempt a reset of the iPad. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

If the iPad starts up let it continue to charge until the battery is at 100%.

my ipad wont charge or turn off or reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.