Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login to store/iCloud and cannot restore iPad

I have an iPad mini 16Gb, running 8.3. Since yesterday, I cannot login into the store, nor iCloud from iPad. I used iforgot and have ensured my credentials are ok using the PC. Normal web access (safari) is fine.

In face of this, I decided to wipe the iPad and just re-install it. But I couldn't get it to work (nor upgrade to 8.4) because, it seems, it tries to phone apple and (again due to the login block) the iPad cannot do it.

I tried find my iphone to wipe remotely, and it says device is deactivated (despite it being connected and the feature switched on in the iPad).

So i tried to wipe or upgrade using iTunes. The iPad connects fine, it suggests the upgrade, but after it downloads and unpacks it - you got it - it says it's triying to back it up first, and iTunes gives up too.

So, it seems I cannot login/contact any of apple's resources from from within the iPad NOR can I force reinstallation from outside (iTunes). Any suggestions on what may be hapenning and how I can (at least) factory reset it? Many thanks!

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:29 AM

For the benefit of anyone who may read this I was able to fix it in the end. I needed to "Reset All Setting" from inside the iPad.

I had tried "Reset All Content and Settings" and the operation hadn't worked (didn't complete), so I just assumed the lesser option wound't work as well...

1 reply

Cannot login to store/iCloud and cannot restore iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.