Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server connection interrupted to Synology NAS

Hello all,

I have a "Server Connection Interrupted" popup issue occurring on 27 inch iMacs running 10.9.5 with Adobe CC software ... ( I have also had the same thing occur with OS 10.10 ) ... all equipment is connected to a 24 port Cisco switch - probably 8-10 devices only in total.

Synology used is the DS415+ with DSM 5.2-5592 (latest) installed today... it had been sitting on the last version for some weeks with the same issue starting last week/week before. There are 4 users and I would have thought the 415 should handle that small number ? (Currently only have 1 Ethernet connected on the NAS, but contemplating teaming 2 ports to the switch to see if it helps).

We are connecting as AFP, the NAS has one locked down IP address and the Macs pickup IPs via dhcp and are 40+ addresses above the NAS so should be no IP conflicts. When the popup occurs it basically stops work on the page/s open and user has to wait until it goes away ... The NAS SHARE DOES NOT DROP OFF THE DESKTOP during the popup, just says its interrupted.

Interesting thing watching the NAS's resource monitor is the CPU and ram % stay quite reasonably low i.e.: 0-5% and the ram only get to 12-15% so I cant see its the nas's processing power at fault.

Any suggestions appreciated !

Mitch

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:19 PM

5 replies

Jul 29, 2015 7:31 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for your reply ...

I have posted on the Synology Forum before coming here, but as this is an OS X popup warning found in numerous Google/Bing searches, there may be some more to it ... I have read a fix may be to move/remove the FSDisconnect.loginPlugin ... but Im not sure about that one.

And should I not be using a NAS as a storage/filesharing device - "OS X does not support NAS technology" - that concerns me ?

Mitch

Jul 29, 2015 8:24 PM in response to Mitch

And should I not be using a NAS as a storage/filesharing device - "OS X does not support NAS technology" - that concerns me ?

Mitch

Mitch,

Whether you do or not is 100% up to you, however because NAS technology is not supported by OS X you are pretty much on your own to figure out problems or to work directly with the NAS developer (Synology) for assistance. One thing that always comes up is to ensure your version of OS X is supposed by the developer and if you have the most up-to-date version of their app.

Good luck.

Server connection interrupted to Synology NAS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.