Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop apple tv from buffering

My download speed is 18.73 mbps but Apple TV is still slow/buffering/freezing while watching programs. Any suggestions?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 5:35 PM in response to Hopperte

The reason Apple Tv buffers is because it running out of video to continue playing. i.e the video isn't downloading fast enough to keep up with playback. So it needs to stop playing, and buffer more video before it can continue.

This is usually due to a slower internet connection, a very unstable one, or much less often a problem at the server where the video isn't being output fast enough.

In either case there's not much you can do on the Apple Tv itself.

Even though you mention your connection is fast enough(18mbps should plenty) i would try some tests. Try playing videos from places like youtube, that you know do not have and HD version. Something around 480p or such that the apple tv cannot try to stream the HD quality version, and see if it buffers. If it doesn't then that's a good indication the internet connection is not keeping up with the higher quality videos and you would need to address that with your ISP.

How to stop apple tv from buffering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.