Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID confirmation

I received an email from apple, after checking, I confirmed that it's from apple because it's shown as "appleid@id.apple.com"

But something is not right about this email.

1. It address me by the wrong name, granted the first name is right, but that last name is wrong! ( it used my middle name instead of my last name). All other emails address me by my right name, only this one is wrong!

2. It tell me that I chose my email address as my "new" apple ID? I use that email address as my apple ID for YEARS. And I've never change or messing around with anything so I shouldn't receive anything ask for my confirmation.

3. Ok, I just log on to the website, provide by the link in that email. I check again to verify that is the right apple website. It's the right website as it shown id.apple.com, with a green bar shown as apple inc [us]. Then, I enter my id & password, but it then show me that my request for confirmation can't be done. My id is not "legal" for this email address. ( it's in my native language, so I just roughly translate it to english).

4. Curious, I log into my account using the same website, just not at that page, everything is fine. I can login to my account, I can make any purchase, I can download anything just fine, like, there's nothing wrong w/ my account at all.

Anyone has the same email asking you to confirm your email address after 4 years of using it ( I confirmed it years ago). Then failed to let you do so?

It's a little frustrating.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:37 PM

There are no replies.

Apple ID confirmation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.