Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i report an imessage as junk will that number be able to send me imessages in the future?

If I have reported a number that is sending me junk iMessages will they be able to send me any more junk iMessages in the future or will that block the number from sending me anymore iMessages in the future? Should I also block the number?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:38 PM

Report the number to whom? Reporting it to your carrier won't prevent iMessages as the message is just part of the data stream to your carrier. Even if it were an SMS and you reported it to your carrier, that wouldn't necessarily mean it would be blocked. I doubt a carrier blocks messages based on one report. When I report SMS spam to my carrier, I get back a message advising me to block the number.

So, yes, block the number.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 6:38 PM in response to sophi3xoxo

Report the number to whom? Reporting it to your carrier won't prevent iMessages as the message is just part of the data stream to your carrier. Even if it were an SMS and you reported it to your carrier, that wouldn't necessarily mean it would be blocked. I doubt a carrier blocks messages based on one report. When I report SMS spam to my carrier, I get back a message advising me to block the number.

So, yes, block the number.

if i report an imessage as junk will that number be able to send me imessages in the future?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.