Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wiped out half my music library

Earlier in the month an iTunes update deleted all my videos. I found the fix and restored my .itl file and that was fine.

I went to listen to my music today and half my music is now gone. The music was on the former restoration of the .itl file, so it was previously present. The most frustrating part is the Purchases playlist was deleted **BOTH** times. So I cannot recover things I have purchased since the .itl file was munched. I will copy my .itl list again, but I am wondering what is going on? It seems that when updates are made a simple verification and compare on the .itl file would work.

I'm worried about having to do a restore every time an update is made to iTunes and also if I might loose some content if I there are gaps in my backups and there are multiple iTunes updates that delete my content.

Since I don't see others reporting this, I'n wondering if something else is up? OS X 10.10.3, iTunes 12.2.1.16

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), iTunes 12.2.1.16

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:02 PM

3 replies

iTunes wiped out half my music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.