Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I finalize a garage band project with movie and sound tracks.

Working with a MacBook Pro retina with iMovie 10 and Garage Band 10. I made a movie in iMovie, shared it to file to use in Garage Band. In Garage Band I added music sound tracks. How do I get this to a useable file and make a DVD?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:02 PM

Go to the Main Menu File ➤ Movie ➤ Export Audio to Movie...

This command creates a new movie file that, with the audio from your GarageBand Project. Select the Full Quality Preset in the next window.

User uploaded file

Regarding the DVD part of your question. This has nothing to do with GarageBand and has to be done with a separate app. Apple had the iDVD app in the past, which they discontinued 😠. It was part of the iLife suite and if you still have it, use it. It is an amazing, easy to use app to create nice DVDs with cool looking menus and all.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 6:02 PM in response to johnfromnorth andover

Go to the Main Menu File ➤ Movie ➤ Export Audio to Movie...

This command creates a new movie file that, with the audio from your GarageBand Project. Select the Full Quality Preset in the next window.

User uploaded file

Regarding the DVD part of your question. This has nothing to do with GarageBand and has to be done with a separate app. Apple had the iDVD app in the past, which they discontinued 😠. It was part of the iLife suite and if you still have it, use it. It is an amazing, easy to use app to create nice DVDs with cool looking menus and all.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

How do I finalize a garage band project with movie and sound tracks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.