Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I saved a .pdf doc in Pages. It shows up in my documents, but it will not highlight and I cannot open. How do I open/access this doc?

I saved a .pdf doc in Pages. It shows up in my documents, but it will not highlight and I cannot open. How do I open/access this doc? My Pages version is 5.5.3

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 6:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 7:53 PM

You cannot save a PDF document with Pages v5.5.3. You can however, export a Pages document to PDF, and that will open with Preview and Adobe Reader.

You cannot open a PDF using the file chooser in Pages. You double-click on the PDF in the Finder, and most likely Preview will open it unless you have set your default viewer to Adobe Reader.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 7:53 PM in response to needanswersplease1213

You cannot save a PDF document with Pages v5.5.3. You can however, export a Pages document to PDF, and that will open with Preview and Adobe Reader.

You cannot open a PDF using the file chooser in Pages. You double-click on the PDF in the Finder, and most likely Preview will open it unless you have set your default viewer to Adobe Reader.

I saved a .pdf doc in Pages. It shows up in my documents, but it will not highlight and I cannot open. How do I open/access this doc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.