Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music won't sync to my iPhone

I recently bought a iPhone 6plus. I choose one with 128Gb of storage because I wanted to put my whole music library on the device. (about 65Gb of music) When I first synced with my computer (MacBook Air) it transferred most of my music, but not all. I then created a few playlists and they initially synced with the phone, but if I changed them on the computer the next time I synced they didn't update.

I then called Apple Support and the only solution that was suggested was to take all music off the device and start again. Several hours later that had worked all music and movies on the device.

Recently I bought a few new albums on my computer tried to sync on the phone and some different movies and nothing new came across, new music not on the device, change movies did not come across.

Can anyone help with a solution?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 5:56 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2015 6:42 PM in response to CRGF

I went round & round with this with Apple support & finally figured it out while talking to them. This may be your issue too.

On your computer where you select what to sync as far as your music, there used to be an option to sync selected music.

That is now missing on my Mac. There is only the option to Sync entire music library or Sync Selected playlists, artists, albums and genres.

The option to Sync only checked music is no longer showing as an option. If your problem is the same as mine, right now, our only option is to

Sync entire music library. I did this, and the remaining 1,200 songs transferred back onto my phone. If this is your issue too, just change

to sync entire library and see if it works.

User uploaded file

Music won't sync to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.