Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop iphoto on my ipad air2 from automatically importing images? I don't want to use iphoto. Please help.

I don't like using iphoto for a number of reasons I won't go into.

Everytime I attempt to download photos from GDrive, or use AirDrop to move images from my iMac or laptop to my ipad air 2, iphoto immediately goes into action. I just want to copy them to my desktop. I use other applications. Not iphoto.

How do I stop this? I'm getting desperate.

Thank you.

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:04 PM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2015 9:40 AM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you for trying. But no, that's not what I'm trying to do.

I want to import photos / images that I've organized in folders on my iMac from my iMac to my iPad2 air WITHOUT iPhoto sucking them in. I work wirelessly almost exclusively. I have yet to USB my iPad to my desktop or laptop.

I often work out in the field (in nature), where there is no cell or wi-fi access. I want to use other tools on my iPad to view and change these photos. iPhoto is useless to me.

A challenge to be sure .....

Aug 1, 2015 11:00 AM in response to Mary Lewis1

What exactly are you trying to do ? The old iPhoto iOS app isn't compatible with iOS 8, so do you mean iPhoto on your Mac or the Photos app on your iPad ? And if you mean Photos then how are you trying to copy photos to your iPad - syncing from a computer's iTunes, either via cable or via wifi, will copy photos to the Photos app, if you want them in a different app then what app are you wanting to copy them to ?

How do I stop iphoto on my ipad air2 from automatically importing images? I don't want to use iphoto. Please help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.