Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse click issue

I've looked on this community's posts for an answer to this problem - with no avail - so please pardon me, if it's already been covered. So, I have a MBP Mid 2012, Retina, running latest version of Yosemite, but this has been happening for quite a while now, back to Mountain Lion, I believe. Sometimes - not all the time - I have a "temporary" dead spot when clicking on (selecting) a program menu, website link, text or just about anything really. Let me explain. So, I'll be using a program or surfing the web and I'll take the mouse pointer over to a link, photo or text that I want to select or click on. I click on it - either via two-finger tap or physical mousepad click and nothing will happen. I can click on the selection multiple times and it just will not activate/select that button/text/whatever. To clear the problem, I have to move the mouse cursor anywhere else on the screen (just few mm away from the original spot will do it) , click there and then move the mouse back to the desired button/selection and it immediately works. this happens multiple times per day and while I've kind of gotten used to it, I wouldn't mind if it never happens again. BTW - I've use an external mousepad and regular mouse and have the same problem, again, "sometimes". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.0.x), 16GB - SSD - 2.7Ghz Intel i7

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 8:47 PM

2 replies

Jul 30, 2015 2:00 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the input. I checked out your proposed solution, but it really didn't apply to my situation. What I have noticed, as well, mostly on websites is that when I cursor over to a new tab or link, it will USUALLY highlight the tab or link - but when the problem occurs the tab or link will NOT highlight - at least the last time it happened. It's a "dead zone" - I can click on it all day (if I don't move the cursor) and it will not select. Once I move the cursor away and click on another area, it springs back to life and functions normally. Like I said, it's not all the time...just enough to make me roll my eyes and sigh a few times a day.

Thanks again.

Mouse click issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.