Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does one set up an Apple TV to work with Home Kit?

I have the latest iOS (as of 7/29/15) installed on a third-gen Apple TV, and I've signed in with my Apple ID on that Apple TV. I've installed a Lutron Caséta Smart Hub and light switches, all of which are able to be controlled by Siri when I'm at home and on the same network. But the Apple TV is somehow supposed to allow me to use Siri when I'm elsewhere in the world, using any network at all. So far, I can't get that to work. Just to clarify, I can use my cellular network and successfully control the Lutron devices by using the Lutron App, but in order to use Siri, I have to be at home. Has anyone figured out how to use Siri from elsewhere?

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 11:53 PM

1 reply

Jul 30, 2015 12:59 PM in response to MasonStorm@Apple

As per Set up and use HomeKit-enabled accessories with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Control your accessories away from home

If you have an Apple TV (3rd generation or later) with software version 7.0 or later, you can control your HomeKit-enabled accessories when you're away from home using your iOS device.

Sign into iCloud with the same Apple ID on your iOS device and Apple TV, and you'll be able to use Siri commands to remotely control your accessories. If your remote access isn't working, sign out out of iCloud on your Apple TV, then sign back in.

How does one set up an Apple TV to work with Home Kit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.