Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete keyboard shortcuts on iPhone 5

I set up a few keyboard shortcuts for texting but they interfere with my messaging and emails. I have tried removing them from the iPhone and Macbook, but they always reappear. Any suggestions?

iPhone 3G, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:31 PM

3 replies

Aug 7, 2015 3:10 AM in response to downhilljill

I have found a very simple fix for this!

1). Open Settings>General>Keyboard

2). Delete the keyboard shortcuts that you do not want

3). Go back and open Settings>General>Reset

4). Select 'Reset Network Settings' (you will not lose any data but you will have to re-enter your wifi password)

5). After this, I did a backup too but it isn't necessary

It has been 24 hours since I have deleted the shortcuts and they have not comeback. (Used to come back after 15 minutes so I think its safe to say it's fixed)

This issue has really been annoying me for a long while now so I hope this fixes it for you🙂

Aug 13, 2015 10:26 AM in response to shopietiler

After all the complicated recommendations it was great to find a fairly simple fix. I would delete the shortcuts my son-in-law mischievously put on my phone (that also synched with my ipad) only to have them show up again every time I turned one of my devices off. I followed your instructions then turned both devices completely off. When I turned them back on the shortcuts were not there as they had been on all previous occasions. Thanks for a simple fix.

Can't delete keyboard shortcuts on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.