Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari slow or Hangs, please help?

Hi All

I'm running 10.7.5 and Safari 6.1.6 on a wired connection and keep suffering from massive speed variations and hanging. When I initially load safari it takes 10 to 20 seconds to load google as my home page. Then it runs sort of fine for a bit with slow page loads before it practically gives up, tries to reload any windows that are open and forces me to clear the cache and restart. Facebook hardly loads at and when it does I just get a page of text with no images or styling so I thought it maybe some caching problem.

I've done all the usual testing, extension, plugins and reset safari which didn't help in the slightest. I've installed chrome and firefox which both act similar with slow page loads but don't seem to fade and die like safari.

I've changed my DNS to googles which also didn't make any difference, so that ruled the connection out and all speed tests come back fine anyway.

The only issue I can see is in my console under safari log quires which gives the same error every time I open a new page, can anyone shed any light on what this problem might be please?

30/07/2015 09:57:46.499 Safari: CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:12 AM

4 replies

Safari slow or Hangs, please help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.