Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop Up Ad "FBI"

About an hour ago I got a pop-up scroll ad that said my phone has been blocked and to give my card. I immediately turned of my wifi, closed safari, brought it up without access to the internet via wifi, and then closed the webpage that the ad contained. I looked it up and found out it was malware. I went ahead and took my email account of my phone, cleared the browsing history, and then restarted my phone. I got worried so I backed my phone up to my computer and then reset my phone and reloaded my stuff back. Is my phone clean after doing all that? I heard that this type of ad can take control of the phone, can it do this after everything I did?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:16 PM

Your phone is fine. It's a browser pop-up but it cannot infect your device. It cannot take control of your iPhone.

5 replies

Jul 29, 2015 11:20 PM in response to Dani1231

Here is more information I just put together. Took a little time:

iDevice Safari Phishing Adware Pop-ups

Your device does not have a virus. You can fix this as follows:

1. Kill Safari by double-tapping on the Home button. Locate Safari in the task bar, then slide the Safari mini-page upwards so it vanishes.
  2. Tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.
  3. If this doesn’t help, then reset your device. It won't delete your data. Press and hold down the On/Off button and the Home button until the display turns off and returns with the Apple logo showing.
  4. Alternatively, follow these instructions to reset your device: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Pop Up Ad "FBI"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.