Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use any A1728 battery in my 2010 13in Macbook Pro?

My battery has hit 1000 cycles and its condition has said "Replace Soon" for months. I am able to find an abundance of A1278 replacement batteries that are less expensive than bringing it to Apple and are both safe to use and warrantied, but I cannot find any that match the model identifier. What, if any, damage could I do to my computer if I replace it with another A1278 battery?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:28 PM

3 replies

Jul 31, 2015 1:46 AM in response to alwaysingreen

Some of the retail options from non-computer sources who do not guarantee they have been

tested to actually work in specific models of computers, can leave you in the lurch; some only

will guarantee the battery is OK, and a replacement is the only remedy.

OtherWorldComputing is a reputable source for Mac-centric users for decades; so they will

try and often succeed in customer service & help you even before you buy; even if you don't.

I'd avoid the 'battery plus' kind shopping mall or 'walmart kind' of places to get cloned batteries.

The battery internal circuitry that supposed to co-ordinate charging could be substandard also.

{They'd tried to sell me incorrect voltage batteries and argued I did not know what my Lumix

camera used for an original battery; while it was in my hand. The choice offered me there was

so far wrong, but their guarantee would not have repaired or replaced my digital camera either.

I ordered correct quality batteries online from a reputable company that uses japanese cells.}

The battery is a part of the charging and power system, so be sure the magsafe adapter, the

battery and the magsafe board are all working properly; this may require diagnostic testing.

•Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters - Apple Support

•About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

•Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/#macbook

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Can I use any A1728 battery in my 2010 13in Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.