Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot loop

i have an Ipod Touch 4th gen 32gb white.

and yes it's been jailbroken once I got it on hand.

OS 5.01.

the process was successful and no problem.

after one year from jailbreak, the device suddenly restart when I use it to play a game (coin dozer).

restart until apple logo, it stops there and the screen turns black, start again to apple logo and turns black again.

trying to restore the device, got it to rec mode and itunes detected the device needs restore.

when attached to pc, itunes cannot recognize the device, it only says "n/a" on CAPACITY, SOFTWARE VERSION and SERIAL NUMBER.

i chose RESTORE and UPDATE, but in process, it stops and a warning occurred. it says "the ipod 'ipod' could not be restored, an unknown error occurred (3194).

once tried tinyumbrella, but no luck.

change the 'hosts' file, still no luck.

i just curious to what happen to my device.

maybe someone out there know what goin' on and have a solution,,,

thank you and have a good day

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 12:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:10 AM

Sounds like its done, nothing can be done and I doubt Apple would mess with it because Jailbreaking voids the Terms and Conditions Apple sets for the device... If the device doesn't even know its own identity... most likely dead.

2 replies

boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.