Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

overheating mac book pro

my mac book pro of late 2014 with retina display 128GB HDD intel i5 has a heating issue

previously when i used to play a small game called FRONTLINE COMMANDO

it used to become very hot and right side of the fan used to get very hot .!

I gave my lappy to service in Chennai TTK road.. they took and just reinstalled my OS.

The issue isn't fixed ..and also it is getting very hot on watching movies

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:43 AM

Make sure the Mac is well ventilated > Mac notebooks: Operating temperature

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 1:59 AM in response to Abishakth

I have the exact same Macbook except with a 500gb HDD. Now on behalf the gaming part, your average computer will have a stand alone GPU which is the Computer chip that processes the graphics, and then it has a CPU which does all the calculation and such and provides the processing power for your PC. Now when it comes to these MacBooks, the 13" inch Macbook has only a CPU with a Integrated GPU, this means that the CPU has to process the graphics and provide calculations in the game, with no help from a standalone GPU, Just make sure that the Vents are clean and your gaming on a clean surface and not on your bed because that would choke your Macbook of air, obviously. These MacBooks do great for gaming but they run a little hot. Don't worry about causing damage but I would worry about proper ventilation. The macbook has a failsafe controller that will protect the CPU/Macbook from getting too hot, so when it comes to damage the Macbook would take matters into its own hands and shut down, however don't rely on that because these MacBooks try to impress you, meaning, they'll go all the way until serious stuff happens just to make you happy 🙂 😉... But other than that... Keep her cool, Take care of her.... If you don't let it down, it won't let you down. Have anymore questions? Feel free to ask, Im always here to help! 🙂 The fans in these Macs are pretty beefy running at max speeds of aprox. 6000 RPM I've been told.

P.S. - I forgot to mention the part for the movies that you were talking about... If you are using Quicktime to watch your movies, i noticed that Mine runs a little warm but thats completely normal for me too, wouldn't worry to much..

overheating mac book pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.