Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Speed Controls Disabled on iMovie 10.0.9 running on Mac OS X 10.10.4

I have created a new project and or movie and i am unable to slow down particular parts of the film.

I have disabled and enabled the wrapping timeline option as well.

I am unable to select the Slow Motion, Rewind, Fast Forward or Instant Replay options

My Machine is a Macbook Pro mid 2012 13 inch model.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:16 AM

10 replies

Jul 30, 2015 3:48 AM in response to prd.1791

I notice that if one selects an audio clip whilst in wrapped timeline mode then deactivates wrapped timeline, the speed controls do not immediately appear. You have first to select a different clip then return to the one you want to change the timing of. Only then will the speed control (above the viewer) activate.

Geoff.

Jul 30, 2015 11:48 AM in response to prd.1791

Glad to have helped. The Event pane just shows the clips you have imported. The project pane is where you assemble clips into a movie, add transitions, effects etc. including slow motion. Don't forget the help files which are also available online at: http://help.apple.com/imovie/mac/10.0.8/#/mov5ec96da08

The first page shows the various parts of the iMovie window and their functions.

Geoff.

Speed Controls Disabled on iMovie 10.0.9 running on Mac OS X 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.