Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete the background color on my playlist on iPhone 6 (v8.4)?

In one of the recent upgrades Apple completely changed the music app on iPhone. Some features are okay, but I can't stand the background colors they added to playlists. They are ugly and make it very hard to read the song title. Also, I couldn't care less about seeing the album cover on the list of songs either. They are too tiny to actually see anyway. I have increased the size of text on my phone and that did help. Unfortunately, my favorite playlist now has this awful dark tan background and with black type it is almost impossible to read even with the larger type size.

Is there any way to turn the background color off or at least lighten it?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2015 9:26 PM

So people take the time to answer other's questions, but they deleted my post because it was too sarcastic concerning my thoughts of Apple. So here's what you got, moderators that are more concerned about my sarcasm against a company, then they are answering individuals questions!

So I guess I will have to tone it down so that the powers that be won't be offended, geez, I swear...

This is a typical, quintessential Apple new design, that makes absolutely no sense to me. And I didn't see where anybody was asking for this, so they invented something for a problem no one had to begin with. To change the background color on your playlist, simply change the first song of your playlist. The color matches the artwork of the very first song.

It's one thing to come up with new state-of-the-art techno gadgets like colors in the background, but simply give us the option to choose what color we want and when we want to see it. My list is in alphabetical order, so now unfortunately, I got to put Led Zeppelin first because I want the color to match his album.

And then if youre going to make such ridiculous changes, at least have the courtesy of letting us know what you did and how to correct it?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2015 9:26 PM in response to MommaB23

So people take the time to answer other's questions, but they deleted my post because it was too sarcastic concerning my thoughts of Apple. So here's what you got, moderators that are more concerned about my sarcasm against a company, then they are answering individuals questions!

So I guess I will have to tone it down so that the powers that be won't be offended, geez, I swear...

This is a typical, quintessential Apple new design, that makes absolutely no sense to me. And I didn't see where anybody was asking for this, so they invented something for a problem no one had to begin with. To change the background color on your playlist, simply change the first song of your playlist. The color matches the artwork of the very first song.

It's one thing to come up with new state-of-the-art techno gadgets like colors in the background, but simply give us the option to choose what color we want and when we want to see it. My list is in alphabetical order, so now unfortunately, I got to put Led Zeppelin first because I want the color to match his album.

And then if youre going to make such ridiculous changes, at least have the courtesy of letting us know what you did and how to correct it?

Can I delete the background color on my playlist on iPhone 6 (v8.4)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.