Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone cable is not Charging even with original cable

Recently I was travelling and when I plugged in my phone to charge, the message popped up saying that the cable is not supported. I was having only 10% power and finally the phone died. I tried another charger and it would not charge.

I have always used Apple products and original accessories. In this case, I bought a duplicate charger and that also did not work. Finally I ended up buying a cheap phone so that I could continue using the phone.

After return, the charger started working again. And now I notice that every now and then, this problem keeps happening. Looks like a software restriction on the phone which is not functioning correctly. I understand about patent etc, but imagine the plight of a person who is stuck somewhere and wants to use the phone and gets this message. Pls help your equipment owners as they have paid a lot of money buying the phone. The message can be kept as warning but allow the user to charge. The mistake could be the software. Apple will not lose anything by putting a restriction on a 30 dollar cable when we have paid a thousand dollar for the phone. Or at least make the software perfect.

A plea from a user who suffered for a couple of hours without communication.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 1:27 AM

1 reply

iphone cable is not Charging even with original cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.