Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound, iPad Air 2

Suddenly, I have no sound in my iPad speaker while using apps or looking on YouTube clip, I can however hear sound good while looking at internally saved videos or music. So I don't think that the speaker is broke, but I cannot understand why it is not working.

i've to re-boot the iPad twice, closed all apps etc but still no sound in apps. Tried to see a videoclip through Facebook app (think its stored at YouTub) and I can see the mouth is moving on the man in it but no sound.... And yes, I've checked the volume control, they are set on full right now which its not usually. This problem occurred suddenly a day ago, and not directly after any updates.

Does anyone have any suggestion for me in how to solve this very annoying issue?

(sorry for the bad English)

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 4:27 AM

Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to the control center. Look for the bell icon in the row of icons at the top of the control center. Tap on that icon until the bell is black on a grey background. Tap the arrow at the top of the control center to close it. Try an app for sound again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2015 4:27 AM in response to annahen

Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to get to the control center. Look for the bell icon in the row of icons at the top of the control center. Tap on that icon until the bell is black on a grey background. Tap the arrow at the top of the control center to close it. Try an app for sound again.

Jul 30, 2015 5:20 AM in response to annahen

You're welcome and no need to feel stupid.

App sounds, email notifications, keyboard clicks and so on are system sounds. System sounds can be muted independently of all sounds so that you can listen to music or watch videos without havin the intrusion of notification sounds like incoming emails. Muting system sounds can also come in handy if you are going into a metering or calls and don't want to be disturbed with notification sounds. There is also the Do Not Disturb feature that can be used for this purpose now, but using system sounds was the original way to block out those types of sounds when desired.

No sound, iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.