Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when using Apple music I try to add music to my library and even though it says "music added" it doesn't show up in my library

ive only been able to add a handful of songs to my library successfully and the rest say they're added and don't show up. I've tried it on my phone and iTunes both aren't working and I'm confused as to why? my connect is good and my storage isn't full. any help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 2:44 AM

10 replies

Aug 1, 2015 6:47 PM in response to aileenstefani

I have the same issue. I noticed though that the songs I've added are in my library when I search by song. I found the common theme was that the "Album Artist" meta data shows up as Various Artist. In iOS, if you search for various artist the songs show up. On Mac, Various Artists shows up in the library when sorted by artist, but doesn't show on iOS. For the songs, I changed the meta data on Mac for "Album Artist" to be the same as the artist. This made the songs appear under the appropriate artist on Mac. However, on iOS, they only showed up under the appropriate artist if I had other songs by that artist, otherwise, they still don't appear.

Your issue may be different, but this fixed some of mine, clearly it's a bug in the software.

Aug 2, 2015 9:11 AM in response to accurtis

I'm having this issue: I can see the artist on my Mac, everything is all checked and synced but on my iPhone 6, I can only find the artist f I know the name of one of the songs. Even then, I click on the song but the whole album doesn't show up unless the stars align and somehow through a nonsense series of hitting random things on the screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

Aug 3, 2015 11:34 AM in response to aileenstefani

Hello lads,

After 30 minutes search, looking and using my 'clear' mind.

I found a solution!!

Here it is:

1. - Go and login on to your MacBook; Open iTunes.

- Open iTunes Preferences. For the shortcut Nina like me: hit CMD + ,

- Otherwise: Go to the iTunes menu; (adjacent to the Apple logo;) Then hit Preferences.

- Then turn iCloud Music Library off

- Wait about ten seconds; turn iCloud Music Library back on.

- Your Mac will now start upload all your Music. Able to see under Downloads

User uploaded file

2. - Take your iDevice; Go to Preferences; Music

- Turn iCloud Music Library off; Turn 'Show Apple Music ' Library also off.

- Return to the Music app, when there is a song available to play, play the song.

- Go to the iTunes Store, still on your iDevice; (choose more;) then Downloads

- In my case, there was a Download 'stuck' in the Download 'heading'. No idea the song ended up there. It's probably the cause of the problem. IF it is in case, remove the download. Simply by swiping the song to the right and a remove/delete option will appear.

- Back out; close all the apps running in the background of your iPhone (multitasking); restart your iPhone.

- When you rebooted your iPhone; Open Preferences; Music; Turn iCloud Music Library on; DO NOT turn 'Show Apple Music' back on.

- Back out of Preferences; Open the Music app; your Library will the loaded; you probably won't see any difference.

- Close the Music app.

- For the final time; Go back in to Preferences; Music; Show Apple Music.

- Close Preferences

- Open the Music app; wait about 5 minutes; your library will be back to normal, with all the Apple Music Song synced.

This worked in my case, I hope it will for you too!

Regards!

when using Apple music I try to add music to my library and even though it says "music added" it doesn't show up in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.