Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm in trouble to modify bar chart

User uploaded file

I want to put the percentage of each sales on this bar chart, but it shows exact value with '%'

User uploaded file

I want to put 58% on Credit Card Sales (Based on Gross Sales $1,427.90) and 42% on Cash Sales automatically.

Is there any simple way to solve this problem? Please help me, thanks.

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2015 3:41 AM

Hi jaemin,

Perhaps a Pie Chart will do what you want

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

8 replies

Jul 30, 2015 4:47 AM in response to jaemin93

Hi jaemin,

Thanks for your feedback. To answer your original question, it will help if you insert a new table to calculate Percent.

Format the cells in B as Percentage.

Formula in B2 of the Percent table (and Fill Down)

=Total Sales::B2÷Total Sales::B$5

The 'divide by' symbol looks like a 'plus' symbol at this forum resolution, but it isn't.

User uploaded file

Note the $ symbol in the formula to keep B$5 fixed on Gross Sales as you Fill Down.

I had to click on Edit Data References > Plot Rows as Series (bottom Left of the Numbers window).

Then click on each Series and Format Panel > Series > Value Labels > Same as Source Data

but I think you have already worked that out 😉.

Thanks for the gold star.

Regards,
Ian.

Jul 31, 2015 7:58 AM in response to jaemin93

Hi Ian and jaemin,

I've discovered you don't really need to have an intermediate table to calculate percentage. Here I achieved the same effect without an extra table by selecting range A1:B3 and from the menu choosing 'Insert > Chart > 2D Stacked Bar', then clicking 'Edit Data References' and choosing 'Plot Rows as Series' (lower left), then selecting 'Percentage' for 'Axys Scale' and 'Value Labels'.

User uploaded file

SG

I'm in trouble to modify bar chart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.